On 1/5/2012 4:59 AM, Peter Montgomery wrote:

> Apparently Dylan is Celtic for joyner in English.
Problem. This isn't apparent.

Dylan \d(y)-lan\ as a boy's name (also used as girl's name Dylan),
is pronounced DIL-an, DUL-an. It is of Welsh origin,
and the meaning of Dylan is "son of the sea".

> Joyner = Zimmerman.
Not a problem.

I see on the web that Zimmerman (carpenter) comes from
the middle high German zimber (timber) and that zimmer
(room) does also.  Later, looking for the etymology of
carpenter (cart, carriage, wagon) I came across it again at
http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=carpenter

Liked: [carpenter r]eplaced O.E. treowwyrhta, lit. "tree-wright."

Regards,
    Rick Parker