From: Missouri Wild Bird Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of John Solodar
Sent: Tuesday, December 27, 2011 11:11 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: no sighting: should I use a guide?

Amy,

I did just that in Tucson a few years ago.  I went to the Tucson Audubon Society website which listed about 8 people or organizations that offered guide service.  I chose a man, whose name I have forgotten, who charged about $100 for the day so long as I used my rental car.   I had sent him a list of possible life/ABA birds and he got me 8-10 of them during the day.  Definitely worth while as he knew just where to look, better than published books.

John Solodar
University City
St. Louis County, MO