On my way west to KC for the weekend, I popped in at the Blue Grosbeak Trail of Weldon Spring CA just now.  The Common Ground Dove is in the middle of the trail about 20 yards before the gravel pile.  What a beauty!  (sorry, Mike Grant, it only took me two tries for it...).

Once in Kansas City, I may have to take my non-birding dad up to Smithville to look for a Snowy.  My dad saw The Big Year and loved it and will probably get a kick out of me dragging him along to look for owls.

Happy holidays to everyone!
Sue Gustafson
St. Louis