Wow. Let's take care of our owls, don't approach too close and hopefully they'll live to breed and send more Snowy's our way.

Scott Laurent
Kansas City, MO
-----Original Message-----
From: Kristi Mayo <[log in to unmask]>
Sender: Missouri Wild Bird Forum <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 11:36:47
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: FIVE Snowy Owls @ Smithville Lake

Various folks have been suspecting there were more than three Snowy Owls at Smithville Lake... Nancy Leo just called to confirm 5 owls: 2 on the dam, 1 on the jetty near the visitor's center, and 2 in a tree at Little Platte Park.

Wow.

As a friendly public service reminder ... Please do not approach the owls, do stay with your vehicle, etc., and do what you can to educate photographers and other interested citizens about the state of these owls. The reports of dead Snowy Owls in the state (at least 3 that I have heard of this week alone) should say enough about the challenge these birds are facing.

Kristi Mayo
Kearney MO (Clay Co.)