Hi Yvonne,

The two apps I use at this point are birdJam and iBird Explorer PRO. I will
probably add Sibley now that they've fixed some bugs and the reviews are
better. Also, BirdsEye looks to be very helpful when folks get more consistent
at reporting on Ebird, myself included on that!

birdJam is expensive but it has come down in price since I bought it. It uses the
Stokes cd's for the bird songs and the software is really versatile. You must go
to their online store to purchase, whereas the other apps can be bought thru
iTunes. I also have their HeadsUp Warblers and Twitch, a game.

http://www.birdjam.com/store

It all depends on your needs, mainly visual and/or audio guide.

Best of luck!
Margy Terpstra
St. Louis CO, MO

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/