Amy,

I did just that in Tucson a few years ago.  I went to the Tucson Audubon
Society website which listed about 8 people or organizations that offered
guide service.  I chose a man, whose name I have forgotten, who charged
about $100 for the day so long as I used my rental car.   I had sent him a
list of possible life/ABA birds and he got me 8-10 of them during the day.
Definitely worth while as he knew just where to look, better than published
books.

John Solodar
University City
St. Louis County, MO