Lake Contrary, Buchanan, US-MO
Dec 16, 2011 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Protocol: Traveling
25.0 mile(s)
Comments:     This is a pre-run for our 2011 CBC in my area of coverage. "Bird of the day":  MERLIN

Larry Lade
Saint Joseph, MO

31 species

Snow Goose (Chen caerulescens)  100
Canada Goose (Branta canadensis)  50
Green-winged Teal (Anas crecca)  1
Ruddy Duck (Oxyura jamaicensis)  3
Bald Eagle (Haliaeetus leucocephalus)  3
Red-tailed Hawk (Buteo jamaicensis)  4
American Kestrel (Falco sparverius)  3
Merlin (Falco columbarius)  1
Ring-billed Gull (Larus delawarensis)  114
Rock Pigeon (Columba livia)  60
Eurasian Collared-Dove (Streptopelia decaocto)  2
Red-bellied Woodpecker (Melanerpes carolinus)  4
Downy Woodpecker (Picoides pubescens)  3
Northern Flicker (Colaptes auratus)  4
Blue Jay (Cyanocitta cristata)  3
American Crow (Corvus brachyrhynchos)  1
Black-capped Chickadee (Poecile atricapillus)  1
Eastern Bluebird (Sialia sialis)  3
European Starling (Sturnus vulgaris)  850
Yellow-rumped Warbler (Setophaga coronata)  3
American Tree Sparrow (Spizella arborea)  50
Song Sparrow (Melospiza melodia)  3
Swamp Sparrow (Melospiza georgiana)  2
White-throated Sparrow (Zonotrichia albicollis)  1
Harris's Sparrow (Zonotrichia querula)  5
Dark-eyed Junco (Junco hyemalis)  30
Northern Cardinal (Cardinalis cardinalis)  17
Red-winged Blackbird (Agelaius phoeniceus)  5
Eastern Meadowlark (Sturnella magna)  1
American Goldfinch (Spinus tristis)  1
House Sparrow (Passer domesticus)  25