Amy, The Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum is an outdoor/indoor facility covering many, many acres.  Animals there are kept in natural habitat settings.  Many wild birds come to the grounds.  Some come to visit the birds held within an enclosure.  The captive birds are a fine sampling of southwest species--gives you the opportunity to sit and study them up close as they go about their activities, but cannot get too far away.

There is also a facility there for hummingbirds.   You can sit and observe those many species of hummers as they feed.  It is a great way to familiarize yourself with the variety of hummers that we don't see in MO.

So, enjoy the Desert Museum, take your binoculars and plan to stay for several hours (restaurants on the grounds).

Be sure to check out the comparative plant displays, gems, underground animals, and much much more.

There are many places to go near Tucson for great birding, even in February!  Enjoy.

Edge Wade
Columbia, MO