Dan Zarlenga of MDC arranged an interview on local TV about Christmas Bird Counts today. I had a chance to talk with John Fuller of KPLR-TV Channel 11 in St. Louis about CBCs in general and the Weldon Spring/Busch Wildlife Area Count (MOWS) in particular. I had a blast, and the broadcasters seemed genuinely interested.

You can view the video of the interview here <http://gardeningwithbinoculars.blogspot.com/2011/12/christmas-bird-counts.html> or here <http://www.kplr11.com/entertainment/kplr-conservation-connection-annual-christmas-bird-count-20111221,0,7856885.story>

You might recognize some well-known Missouri birders in the MDC file tape Dan provided for the station!

BTW, I could still use some birders for the count. It's Wed., Dec. 28. You can contact me ahead of time of just meet us at the Busch Conservation Area Headquarters at 8:00 AM. google map: http://g.co/maps/6eeqf

Anne McCormack
Gardening with Binoculars