Lake Contrary is my area to count bird for our annual Christmas Bird count. Today was our count day. (Three other birders in my group, Dan, Karen and Cindy.)

44 species (Lake Contrary area), for the entire circle MOSJ CBC we had 81 species plus two "count week" birds, Loggerhead Shrike and Yellow-bellied Sapsucker.

Greater White-fronted Goose (Anser albifrons)  1
Snow Goose (Chen caerulescens)  3
Canada Goose (Branta canadensis)  1445
Mallard (Anas platyrhynchos)  50
Green-winged Teal (Anas crecca)  1
Ruddy Duck (Oxyura jamaicensis)  5
Bald Eagle (Haliaeetus leucocephalus)  5
Northern Harrier (Circus cyaneus)  1
Sharp-shinned Hawk (Accipiter striatus)  1
Cooper's Hawk (Accipiter cooperii)  1 (* Photos taken)
Red-tailed Hawk (Buteo jamaicensis)  10
American Kestrel (Falco sparverius)  4
Merlin (Falco columbarius)  1 (* Photos taken)
Ring-billed Gull (Larus delawarensis)  286
Herring Gull (Larus argentatus)  1
Rock Pigeon (Columba livia)  34
Eurasian Collared-Dove (Streptopelia decaocto)  8
Mourning Dove (Zenaida macroura)  26
Red-bellied Woodpecker (Melanerpes carolinus)  4
Downy Woodpecker (Picoides pubescens)  7
Northern Flicker (Colaptes auratus)  4
Blue Jay (Cyanocitta cristata)  1
American Crow (Corvus brachyrhynchos)  6
Horned Lark (Eremophila alpestris)  8
Black-capped Chickadee (Poecile atricapillus)  3
Tufted Titmouse (Baeolophus bicolor)  2
White-breasted Nuthatch (Sitta carolinensis)  1
Brown Creeper (Certhia americana)  1
Eastern Bluebird (Sialia sialis)  7
American Robin (Turdus migratorius)  1
European Starling (Sturnus vulgaris)  442
Lapland Longspur (Calcarius lapponicus)  10
American Tree Sparrow (Spizella arborea)  79
Savannah Sparrow (Passerculus sandwichensis)  5
Song Sparrow (Melospiza melodia)  5
Swamp Sparrow (Melospiza georgiana)  3
Harris's Sparrow (Zonotrichia querula)  1
Dark-eyed Junco (Junco hyemalis)  77
Northern Cardinal (Cardinalis cardinalis)  21
Red-winged Blackbird (Agelaius phoeniceus)  270
Eastern Meadowlark (Sturnella magna)  10
House Finch (Carpodacus mexicanus)  8
American Goldfinch (Spinus tristis)  8
House Sparrow (Passer domesticus)  12

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/