Went to the Blue Grosbeak Trail this morning, arriving around 10 am.   Thought I was going to get shut out as a hunter proceded up the trail ahead of me.   I walked in about 50 yards and stopped as the hunter was shooting the breeze with another hunter at the top of the ridge.   After scanning the nearby brush for sparrows I took another gander up the trail -- about 12 yards in front of me sat the beautiful little bird out in the open.

That makes two Life birds in two days -- I saw the Mountain Bluebird yesterday.

Archie Keiper
Columbia, Monroe County, Illinois