Just a few days after seeing the Cooper's hawk, one of the Red-shouldered
hawks was here on the 15th. It was hopping along the ground, eating,
well...worms. They were plentiful after the rain and it must have scooped up a
dozen before perching on the rickety twig arbor. Here's a video clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thz0jYFT3Vk

We've also been seeing a sad looking, mangy little fox. The bubbler cam got a
short video of it on the 14th which we also uploaded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=RAqUgKqQyFQ&NR=1

With these lovely distractions, I'll never be ready for Christmas!

Margy Terpstra
Kirkwood, St. Louis Co, MO

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/