I ran down to Swan Lake NWR today to check on things for the Jan. 1st CBC. I learned from talking to the refuge Mgr. that locals had been talking about why they were seeing so many White Snowy Owls around this Year!! - and a dead one had been brought in yesterday. They are having it mounted and it will be on display in the Visitor Center. I don't have any more details about where any were being seen, so I drove around some of the area in the foggy rain, but didn't spot any. It was exciting though thinking I might come upon one somewhere! Could be an interesting count. Glad we weren't doing it today!

Merry Christmas to All
Steve Kinder
Chillicothe, Livingston Co.