I drove up to Smithville Lake this morning in search of the Snowy Owls and was lucky enough to see one of them.   It was sitting in a large, lone tree on the right, or south, side of the road which leads to the Little Platte marina, just past where the swimming beach road branches off on the right.  I was able to scope it for quite awhile, getting really great, long looks.  What a treat, and a lifer for me.

If you're heading up there and aren't familiar with the lake, do stop at the Litton Visitor's Center just off DD highway and pick up a map.  Good luck!

Susan Seyboth
Kansas City, MO