Good idea about the fee, Edge!

I received a question about starting a new circle.  I've learned that the registration deadline is Dec 1, so it is too late to do that this year.  However, the guidelines suggest locating the circle and doing a trial run before registering.  A group could still do that this winter and have plenty of time to refine it before the deadline in 2012.   When you register for a new circle you state with assurance that you expect at least 10 participants.  That might be one hurdle for new circles, although with careful selection of date and the right promotion,  others in the state (or adjoining states, even) might help out.

I have no personal experience as a compiler, let alone with starting a new circle.  I'm only passing on information from the CBC website.  If some of you have done so and have suggestions, please respond.

Find the registration procedure here:
http://birds.audubon.org/faq/compilers#t1416n857
scroll down to this question: I'd like to set up a new Christmas Bird Count circle, what do I do?

June Newman
Carrollton