    I enjoyed a nice flock of Rusty Blackbirds, 30 or more,
    at MDC's Stone's Corner Access. just north of Joplin
    this morning.  They startled and came right up to me
    and landed in a tree for me.  It turned out what spooked
    them wasn't me at all, it was a Sharp-shinned Hawk.
    Nice look at it also, so, nice morning in spite of no
    sparrows...(they didn't spook apparently).  ebird report too.
    Larry Herbert,  Joplin, Jasper County MO.  certhiaATatt.net