....waiting for the listserv owners to put a stop to a discussion about Christmas trees.....but, until then, I'll comment too.  My Christmas tree sports a collection of Snowmen, Santas, a few angels and MANY birds.  The wreath above the fireplace has birds on it.  Yesterday, I placed a peacock on the tree and got to thinking about that gorgeous bird.  I have signed up for a birding trip to India in Feb. 2013, and I have already printed out the bird list from the 2011 trip; I checked the list, and that group saw Indian Peafowl almost every day of the trip!  Can't wait!  It's always cool to see a really exotic bird in its own habitat.  On a recent trip to Curacao, we saw Caribbean Flamingos; their color was so much more intense than the Greaters and Lessers I saw in South Africa last year.

I, too, put our tree outside by the feeders last winter after the holiday, and the birds did use it for cover.

Happy Holidays to all my Missouri Birding Friends.

Susan Eaton
Kirkwood, St. Louis CO.,MO