I have one tree dedicated to birds--they have to be birds I have identified in the wild and are nearly all souvenirs of trips I have taken over the years.  (Anybody got a spare Red Knot?)  There are over 200 birds ornaments on just that tree.

Dorothy Lambert

Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 21:20:16 -0600
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Tree trimming thoughts
To: [log in to unmask]

I used birds for years on a tree I set up for my mother.  Now all my Xmas birds are outside.  The trick is to find made-in-America birds.  I did that by visiting local art fairs or art galleries featuring local artist hand-made  birds.  I found a wide variety and it supports the artist.  It became a yearlong project.  But you can make your own, too, if you feel inclined to -  Mariel

Mariel Stephenson
Columbia, Mo
573 442 1725