After missing all my targets in St. Louis I headed to Winfield lock and dam. While scoping the river looking NE from the parking lot I found a first-year GLAUCOUS GULL with some ring bills standing in the water on a little "island" 300 yards from shore.
At least some satisfaction...

Sent from my U.S. Cellular® Windows® phone.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jack Cowan <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Sunday, December 11, 2011 3:26 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: common ground dove, no

Spent about two hours on the Blue Grosbeak Trail hunting the Common Ground Dove with no success. Left about 11:30 a.m.
Peter Kondrashov and I found the Long-tailed Duck. Parked under the Clark Bridge and scoped downriver where we found the bird with a flock of Golden-eye.
No luck with Black Scoter or Red-necked Grebe.

Jack Cowan
South St. Louis