    There have been an unusually large amount of Eastern Bluebirds
    in migration this fall locally, IMO.  Extreme sw MO.

    They must have had a great breeding season to our north  -
    Nebraska and Iowa.  I say that because the 100 F temps in
    July and August here in the Joplin area put a halt to EABL being
    double and triple brooded this last season.  The ones coming
    through here now are almost for sure migrants.

    The other day I had 20 or 30 down at Geo. Wash. Carver Mon.,
    then there were 25 or so at Walter Woods C.A.  We haven't seen
    those good numbers for some time.

    Larry Herbert,  Joplin, Jasper County MO.  certhiaATatt.net  12-11-11