Hello All,

I had some business up north and swung through Smithville lake to check on the Owls. First stop was Shelter 9 south of the official Crow's creek. The point at Shelter 9 is a very good location to see quite a bit of the lake. I arrived at 2:07 PM and there was a bird directly north on the rock jetty about 400 yards away.

Just as I was leaving someone else drove up and announced there was a Snowy Owl sitting on the dam. So I drove down that way and there on the large rocks facing the lake, was a Snowy Owl. I had no camera gear with me so I stuck my iphone out of the window and took a quick shot. When I left at 2:47 PM it was still sitting on the dam, about 50 feet from the water and 200 feet from the roadway.

Hope that helps those who might need to see this great species.

All my Best,

Tim

Timothy Barksdale
Birdman Productions LLC