I made the drive to Smithville today and was rewarded with two snowy owls!!! I didn't get very long looks as they got spooked and someone else was using my scope most of the time before that, but I was just so happy to see them and to experience this irruption. Also I had the pleasure of meeting Larry Lade and his wife. They pointed out the owls for me.

During the drive, I counted raptors and had a total of 70 by the time I got home:

Majority were red-taileds
2nd most were buteo sps that were probably red-taileds
Many kestrels maybe 10 or 12
2 snowy owls
2 harriers
1 barred owl