One of the Smithville Lake Snowy Owls is currently sitting on the rocks of the dam about in the middle. It is just on the South side of the big concrete and steel structure that stcks out Into the lake.  It is best seen from the viewing site on the far south side of the dam. It does fly periodically and has been on the other side of the structure this morning also.

Barbara Atkinson
Kansas City

-----Original Message-----
From: Susan <[log in to unmask]>
To: Susan <[log in to unmask]>
To:  <[log in to unmask]>

Sent: 12/8/2011 3:41:01 PM
Subject: Snowy Owl -- Smithville Lake

I drove up to Smithville Lake this morning in search of the Snowy Owls and was lucky enough to see one of them.   It was sitting in a large, lone tree on the right, or south, side of the road which leads to the Little Platte marina, just past where the swimming beach road branches off on the right.  I was able to scope it for quite awhile, getting really great, long looks.  What a treat, and a lifer for me.

If you're heading up there and aren't familiar with the lake, do stop at the Litton Visitor's Center just off DD highway and pick up a map.  Good luck!

Susan Seyboth
Kansas City, MO