We also put our Christmas tree to further use.  I move it onto the
deck (just off my family room and under the feeders) a day or two
after Christmas.We then trim it with bird seed ornaments that we make
ourselves that are hung with raffia.  I leave it up for weeks.  It
draws more birds up close to the feeders and I can get some wonderful
pictures.  I have a good recipe that makes the hard ornaments if
anyone is interested.  If I have young ones here for New Years I can
usually get them to string cranberries and popcorn to put out there as
well.  It's really quite festive.

Lottie Bushmann
Columbia, MO