Semi-quick post
Think because of the frozen ponds there were more ducks out today
than recent days.

Whole gaggle of birders there after 3:30 PM to sunset
Bill Rowe and his class = BR+
Malones = C/JM
McClarren/Reago - M/R
m.ob = multiple observers

Teal Pond:
2 TUNDRA SWANS - BR+
178 Swans - C/JM
WHITE-FRONTED GEESE - BR+

Heron Pond
2 BLACK DUCKS - BR+ & C/JM
More Trumpeters there right up front

"Tri-colored Heron Pond" - next pond east from Heron Pond
one BLACK DUCK - C/JM
More swans

Ellis Bay across from Heron Pond in the gull/waterfowl roost
one 1st cycle THAYER'S GULL (think maybe another) - C/JM found, m.ob.
one adult LESSER BLACK-BACKED GULL - BR+ found, C/JM, M/R
one LONG-TAILED DUCK - C/JM found (same bird?); M/R refound for
many to see, some this was a lifer for them (Woohoo)
one HORNED GREBE - a little late for this guy
NO Western Grebe seen

Lincoln Shields
BLACK SCOTERS - BR+ (I forgot number of birds seen)

Jim Malone counted 222 Swans today (too little time to separate species
or get collar
numbers) probably  more than that.

For some reason the automated gate to the Confluence Road was closed.
Gate problems or closed due to hunting..??

Wonderful waning moon to end the day.

We did not look for S-E Owls but Chrissy and Andrew did.

Nitie-nite
Charlene Malone
St. Louis co.

P.S Earlier went up Hwy 79. Not much BUT loads of raptors on Firma
mostly Dalbow. Several eagles, had TWO dark-phased raptors duking it out
with harriers
and even some gulls.