From: Don Hays <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Christmas Count memories
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Tuesday, December 13, 2011, 5:23 PM

As a nascent high school birder I tagged along with Steve Hanselmann, Wally George, David Easterla and a few others to participate in a CBC at Mingo NWR. We bunked in the night before at the Gaylord Lab near Puxico and I was in birder heaven the entire weekend. The following Spring, Steve, Mike Fleig and I went to Mio, MI to find Kirtland's Warblers. The next December, I participated in nine CBCs and subsequently compiled a CBC at Shaw Nature Reserve for 25 years. Show up, sign up,meet nice folks, have fun!
Don Hays
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T