....waiting for the listserv owners to put a stop to a discussion about
Christmas trees.....but, until then, I'll comment too.  My Christmas tree
sports a collection of Snowmen, Santas, a few angels and MANY birds.  The
wreath above the fireplace has birds on it.  Yesterday, I placed a peacock
on the tree and got to thinking about that gorgeous bird.  I have signed up
for a birding trip to India in Feb. 2013, and I have already printed out
the bird list from the 2011 trip; I checked the list, and that group saw
Indian Peafowl almost every day of the trip!  Can't wait!  It's always cool
to see a really exotic bird in its own habitat.  On a recent trip to
Curacao, we saw Caribbean Flamingos; their color was so much more intense
than the Greaters and Lessers I saw in South Africa last year.

I, too, put our tree outside by the feeders last winter after the holiday,
and the birds did use it for cover.

Happy Holidays to all my Missouri Birding Friends.

Susan Eaton
Kirkwood, St. Louis CO.,MO