This evening around 4:30pm I stopped by South Farm R-1 Lake (Boone Co.). Nothing exciting like a Snowy Owl or either shrike species, but I was happy to find ~20 AMERICAN WIGEON, my first of the fall/winter. There was also a female HOODED MERGANSER mixed in with all the MALLARDS, GADWALL and NORTHERN SHOVELERS. A trio of WILSON'S SNIPE were foraging on the east shore of the lake. SNOW and GREATER-WHITE FRONTED GEESE were flying north and south, respectively. A CACKLING GOOSE was in with a bunch of CANADA GEESE in the fields opposite the MU Maize Genetics Farm.

Good birding,
Ryan

Ryan Douglas
Postdoctoral Fellow