Yesterday there were at least two parties of hunters along the road, one of which had a pack of beagles.  An MDC truck drove in and out on the road.  Our party of 4 walked to the fork area, meeting Clark Creighton coming out (looking quite spiffy in camo covered business clothes).   The commotion may have been what prompted the bird to move from the lower area where the road forks, back near the gravel pile.  While we watched it there, two hunters walked past us, toward the dove.  They came within 15 feet before it flew, apparently to the parking lot where we saw it as we packed up to leave.

June Newman
Carrollton