At home for Thanksgiving I made a quick run by Winfield this afternoon to see what was around.  I couldn't manage to find anything exceptional but I finally managed to find the shorebird flock along Sandy Slough which included 15+ Killdeer, 62 Least Sandpipers, 7 Dunlin, and 34 Wilson's Snipes, the overall habitat looks good and there might be a few others hanging on there that I couldn't locate.  The most interesting birds around were a very late Northern Rough-winged Swallow that was coursing over the slough well above the bridge and a beautiful dark-morph "Western" Red-tailed Hawk which might be the first of its kind I've ever seen in this area.  There was a nice blackbird flock in the farm fields which was mostly Red-wingeds but also included some Rusties and a pair of Brewer's.
Scott SchuetteTroy, MO