I am delighted to read that other birders were able to see the "winter wonder" today.  Indeed, this morning at Blue Grosbeak, light snow flurries were in the air(surreal to see a gulf coast bird in flurries.)  This was my first time observing a Common Ground Dove.  What will forever be ingrained in me was its silence.  When it flushed, the familar whistling of Mourning Doves was absent.  While viewing it in its short low flight, the tail was short and squared off.  The diamond shape w/white outer tail feathers(Mourning Dove) was also absent.  It took shelter amongst the short grass, much like a quail or sparrow would do.  A unique dove indeed.  Thanks to all who posted previously!

Bryan Prather
St. Louis Co., Mo.