Mobirders: I found the Ground Dove on the Blue Grosbeak trail at Weldon Spring CA at about 10am this morning. It was further down the trail where there is a fork in the road. I was about 30 yards away when I first spotted it and started taking some photos of the bird. As I stood there the dove kept walking toward me until it got within about 15 feet of me. The bird was so close, I needed to remove my zoom lens on my camera. The dove never flew away, and just continued to eat whatever was there.The attached link below shows some of the more close-up photographs:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dpwagtail/sets/72157628193704377

The bird is remarkably tame and is a great subject for photography. If you live in the St. louis area and haven't been out to see it yet, it is well worth the trip.
Good luck,
Dave Pierce
St. Louis County

--
D. Pierce
Senior Dogs 4 Seniors

 “To the world you are just one person; to a rescued pet you are the WORLD.”