To me it looks like some sort of quail species. Maybe a Bobwhite or some exotic game farm species.

Larry Lade
Saint Joseph, MO

--- On Sun, 11/27/11, Rebecca Secor <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

From: Rebecca Secor <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: ID help requested Nightjar?
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Sunday, November 27, 2011, 1:48 AM

HiMy mom in Arizona scared off a cat that had this bird in mouth.  We really aren't sure at all what it is and I've been trying to help her know what to do with it.
Here's the link to my blog with the picture she took on her phone.
http://ramblings-rlsecor.blogspot.com/

Thx
Becca Secor St. Peters, MO
ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/