A CORE crew stopped by on their way home and Ben mentioned that they thought
they saw and heard a Sandhill Crane.  Minutes later as I was scoping the
gull raft out in Ellis Bay I heard a weird cackling sound across the street.
Quickly glassing Dragonfly Marsh I spotted the Sandhill on the opposite
shore. Not much light left.
http://www.photosbyat.com/photos/1599911615_36cd9TQ-XL.jpg

Four Surf Scoters just above rock jetty at edge of dam.
video http://smu.gs/tvWw0i

Four Black Scoters still above Clark Bridge. Lesser Black-backed Gull in
Ellis Bay gull raft. Did not find the Long-tailed Duck.

Gallery - Just started processing so will be awhile before complete. Check
back later.
http://smu.gs/tvWw0i

Al Smith
Bridgeton, St. Louis County