This morning as I headed out to work, Nov 15, I caught a brief view of a hummingbird in my yard. I ran to grab my binoculars, but I couldn't find him when I returned. By the time I got home from work, it was dark.

I still have sages in bloom and my feeder is still up, so it may stick around. If anyone would like to try for this bird while I'm at work, you're welcome. I saw it in the back yard. If you come by, use the gate near the garage. Some of you may remember my location from other years when I had late hummers. If you need directions, email me.

A hummer this late is likely to be a rare stray.  By the way, I dreamt last night about a South American hummer. Just sayin...

Anne McCormack