I had to laugh.  You fellows call it what you want, but if one googles that name, one finds four photos of it.  All of them showed the object and the physical feature that gives this bird its "real' name.  This name was acknowledged as the proper name by everyone in the beginning birding class taught by Tim Barksdale many years ago, because the photos of this bird nearly always feature it standing atop a fencepost.

This bird "Bartramia longicauda" is the Long-Legged Fencepost Bird.

Edge Wade
Columbia, MO