Mary Anne and I birded Riverlands MBS and Lincoln Shields RA in St Charles County this afternoon.  There were 14 Swans on the pond/wet area to the south of Heron Pond.  Thanks to Al Smith for directing us to a group of Black Scoters under the Alton Bridge.  From under the Alton Bridge we saw four Black Scoters swimming north towards Lincoln Shields RA.  We drove to the Lincoln Shields parking lot and hiked out onto the levee.  The Black Scoters were moving out into the river.  All four Black Scoters appeared to be either adult female or juvenile.  Two of the scoters flew south towards the bridge, while the other two continued to swim towards the middle of the river.

David & Mary Anne Marjamaa
Manchester, MO
ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/