I was at South Farm R-1 Lake (Boone Co.) this morning from about 7-7:20am. Most of Edge's shorebirds from yesterday departed, but there were still 3 LEAST SANDPIPERS, 1 GREATER YELLOWLEGS, 4 WILSON'S SNIPE and a lot of KILLDEER. The highlights this morning were 3 ROSS'S GEESE (2 adult, 1 juvenile) with ~50 SNOW GEESE and 1 CACKLING GOOSE with ~150 CANADA GEESE. All five common geese were seen in fly-over flocks while I was there. There were also ~15 REDHEAD on the lake.

I briefly scoped Phillips Lake from the east side of US-63, but decided to come to work when I found it generally devoid of waterfowl.

Good birding,
Ryan

Ryan Douglas
Postdoctoral Fellow