In the continuous light rain:
Tuesday I dropped by Lake Contrary, Saint Joseph, and found a dozen species of geese/ducks. Also 20 loons! 18 Common Loons and 2 Pacific Loons. Two Horned Grebes.

I ended up with 41 species.

Wednesday I went back, basically to check on the loons. They were all gone. But there were seveal Horned Grebes and on Eared Grebe. The waterfowl count was down to nine species. The Swainson's Hawk was a nice find. It was down on the ground eating some unidentified bird/mammal near the west end of the lake. * I was there about one hour and only detected 31 species.

Larry Lade
Saint Joseph, MO