Taking advantage of the weather and a little extra free time today, Charles and I went first down to Eagle Bluffs, and despite the limited access and the wind, still had 23 species. Most notable was a mixed flock of birds working the almost bare fields just inside the entrance - we were able to pick out lapland longspurs among the horned larks and sparrows. We then had about an hour to spend at Bradford, 6 pie billed grebe and 2 Wilson's snipe at the east pond. Most notable were the 3 northern harriers, red tailed hawks and 1 short earred owl patrolling the area. Sparrows were keeping low. Blackbirds were also moving quite a bit and not able to pick out anything but a couple cowbirds amongst the redwings.
Laurie Shawver
Southern Boone Co.