Mary Anne and I birded Riverlands MBS and Lincoln Shields RA in St Charles
County this afternoon.  There were 14 Swans on the pond/wet area to the
south of Heron Pond.  Thanks to Al Smith for directing us to a group of
Black Scoters under the Alton Bridge.  From under the Alton Bridge we saw
four Black Scoters swimming north towards Lincoln Shields RA.  We drove to
the Lincoln Shields parking lot and hiked out onto the levee.  The Black
Scoters were moving out into the river.  All four Black Scoters appeared to
be either adult female or juvenile.  Two of the scoters flew south towards
the bridge, while the other two continued to swim towards the middle of the
river.

David & Mary Anne Marjamaa
Manchester, MO

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/