There is a clump of Spiria south of Lake Contrary (Saint Joseph) on Contrary Creek road which seems to regularly hold Harris's Sparrows. I call it my "Harris's Sparrow Bush"!

Larry Lade
Saint Joseph, MO

--- On Thu, 11/10/11, Gerhardt, Carl <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

From: Gerhardt, Carl <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Fall/winter sparrows video
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Thursday, November 10, 2011, 1:36 PM

As others have reported, sparrows have been abundant this year, so I
managed to get some decent video that can be viewed at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ2OtCw5Apg&feature=feedu

All sparrows except the Harris's sparrow were in Boone County this
September/October. The Harris's was near Tulsa, OK last winter.

Carl Gerhardt
Easley, MO (Boone County)/