I took advantage of the boss being on vacation and made a trip down to Eagle Bluffs this morning. Turned out to be pretty fruitful. I ran into Grant Connette while down there, and he had just previously seen an AMERICAN AVOCET, BLACK-BELLIED PLOVERS, a few RUSTY BLACKBIRDS, and the GREAT-TAILED GRACKLES. I was able to relocate all but the Black-bellied plovers.

The smaller pool at the end of the 2nd one way loop contained a few coots and a RED-BREASTED MERGANSER. Other notables are that WILSON'S SNIPE were simply all over the place, a few MARSH WRENs are still around, and sparrows were plentiful as well. I was unable to find any gulls or terns.

Below is my full eBird checklist.

Kyle McCommis
Columbia, MO (Boone Co)

Eagle Bluffs CA, Boone, US-MO
Nov 1, 2011 9:00 AM - 10:30 AM
Protocol: Traveling
8.0 mile(s)
43 species

Gadwall  5
Mallard  500
Blue-winged Teal  20
Northern Shoveler  30
Green-winged Teal  1
Bufflehead  1
Red-breasted Merganser  1     Got pretty decent looks relatively close as it swam with a few coots. Appeared smaller than Common Merg. Also appeared to have steeper forhead and smaller base of bill.
Pied-billed Grebe  50
Double-crested Cormorant  3
American White Pelican  500
Great Blue Heron  12
Great Egret  2
Turkey Vulture  1
Bald Eagle  12
Northern Harrier  1
Red-shouldered Hawk  1
Red-tailed Hawk  8
Peregrine Falcon  1
American Coot  75
Sandhill Crane  3
Killdeer  25
American Avocet  1     Back in pool 15 near pelicans, also seen by Grant Connette this morning.
Least Sandpiper  2
Wilson's Snipe  25     All over the place!
Belted Kingfisher  1
Downy Woodpecker  1
Blue Jay  1
American Crow  15