Nick Girondo (Fisheries Biologist MDC) and I were birding LPL this evening when something that looked and acted like a large tern flew over the opposite side of the lake diving and moving fast, once we got a good look we realized it was a gull. Nick and I got many good looks through both binoculars and spotting scope and thanks to Sibley's identified the two as Laughing Gulls, what a beautiful bird. Nick saw a Franklins at LPL this morning. This is a Missouri lifer for me and Nick both. Results on CACHE.
Mike Doyen
Rolla,  Mo
Pablo Neruda.