Went to RMBS this morning with some out-of-towners for whom I had found an
ETS flock on Wiedey Rd off Hwy 94.   Heron Pond had nine Trumpeters.  Also
present were 5 Long-billed Dowitchers and 1 Dunlin plus numerous ducks
including 2 Redheads, some Green Wings and mobs of Mallards.   Heron Pond is
being filled for the winter waterfowl refuge and shore bird habitat is
disappearing quickly.

Out in Ellis Bay was a flock of a few hundred birds:
Horned Grebes 8
Red-headed Ducks 4
Blue-winged Teal  6
Northern Shoveler - 4
and Ruddy Ducks, Ring-necked Ducks, Scaup, Gadwall all too numerous to
count, plus a zillion Coots.

John Solodar
University City
St. Louis County, MO