MOBirders-
This popped up on eBird overnight and since I hadn't seen anything on the listserv I thought I'd share it in case anyone was interested. I have no additional information. And now, off to Smithville Lake!

Red Phalarope (Phalaropus fulicarius) (1)
- Reported Nov 04, 2011 07:30 by Jon King
- Montrose CA, Henry, Missouri
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=38.3047484,-93.9582531&ll=38.3047484,-93.9582531
- Comments : "Awesome looking bird!! Observed from very close - was in shallow water on western causeway in excellent morning sunlight. Juvenile bird w/ gray back w/ pale fringing visible, dark ear patch, thicker bill (we even saw yellow base), and very fine/pale flank streaking. Flew in while observing other birds on mudflat area and then out to main body of lake. Photographed by Mark Robbins."

Good birding,
Ryan

Ryan Douglas
Postdoctoral Fellow