Just witnessed quite a drama at the WU Medical Ctr campus.  A juvenile redtail (I think) wandered into the peregrines' territory and both the male and female lit into it, screaming and repeatedly stooping on it, at one point forcing it to the ground in the planted area around the fountain. It was clearly dazed as it tried to take off again and hit its head on an overhang.  When I left, it had perched on top of the Institute for Health, and for the moment the peregrines had backed off, but there is no clear way out from where it is now without it having to gain some altitude.  I suspect that it will be lucky to get out of there alive.  I've been seeing the peregrine pair regularly recently, including one perching at the nest site.

Tom
Kirkwood, MO
St. Louis County