I posted about the Cattle Egret that Sandy Elbert and I saw at Eagle Bluffs today.  I sort of asked the question of documentation, but nobody answered.  So now I am asking directly.   Does this bird need documentation?
   I looked in the checklist and Winter is not mentioned, but maybe this is not considered Winter yet.
   I do not have the Robbins and Esterla book that apparently has exact dates of last and first sightings for different species.
   I have "Enjoying Missouri Birds" and the bar graph for Cattle Egret stops in Mid-September.
   Am I supposed to send in documentation on the basis of the checklist not mentioning Winter or "Enjoying Missouri Birds" showing it as not being in MO after Mid-September?
   Thank you,
Kathleen Anderson, Columbia