Far from being harmful, I would say it is an obligation.

P.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Chokh Raj
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Sunday, October 30, 2011 2:36 PM
  Subject: Re: OT - Halloween

  All Saints' Day

  The vigil of this feast is popularly called "Hallowe'en" or "Halloween".
  'Solemnity' is celebrated on the first of November -- instituted to honour all the saints,
  known and unknown, to supply any deficiencies in the faithful's celebration of saints'
  feasts during the year.

  http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/01315a.htm

  Faced with 'darkness', one may surely implore some 'light'.
  No harm, I suppose.
  CR