I was just perusing myself at Google when I came upon this piece
composed some six years back. Ah, poetry has its own moods!

Halloween

Yester night, it was All Hallows' Eve.
The moon dipped a little below the horizon.
But I could see it still, smiling draculously,
Its bare teeth of brazen witches.
Its grin rang in the trees around my house
And the wind whistled among the lows.
The stars espied the earth as never before,
Staring from the sockets of so many graves.
The night-sky was littered with them.
And yet, they made merry in their madness
As though they were my next door neighbors
Waking the night with drunken revelry --
Or some distant kin who had long left
For another planet.

- CR Mittal

Never too late, I suppose.